Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hope26.

If you know anything about me, you'll know that I love lists. I write to-do lists, prayer lists, packing lists, shopping lists, song lists...

Suffice to say- the list of my lists goes on and on.

There's something almost therapeutic for me to have a clear and concise view of goals or tasks at hand. My inner organizer rejoices when I get to cross things off. Completing a list is gratifying in the most fantastic way. I like to know what I need to get done, when it needs to be done by, what I'd like to do and perhaps something to get done today so I won't have to do it tomorrow. Can I get an amen?

If you'll remember, I also like birthday lists. Taking time each year as another candle finds its way onto my cake to reflect on the past year, life in general, the ups and down, etc, and compile my thoughts into some sort of, you guessed it, list. :)

I've reflected over this past year, and tried to piece together everything from my initial frustrations with finding out I was pregnant to our refusal to give into the fear doctors were trying to instill in us and to the absolute JOY this precious girl has brought me- I can't help but be overwhelmed with an incredible sense of hope. This year has been truly remarkable for me!

And what a beautiful thing to focus on for the next: 
Hope.


With a hopeful heart I bid farewell to 25, and welcome 26 with open arms. 

Without further ado:


I hope to embrace this motherhood role with an increasing amount of joy and purpose. 

I hope to be able to focus on the positives and not be overwhelmed by the pressure that comes with raising three little humans. 

I hope to point these little people to Jesus at every possible turn. 

I hope to love with an increased ability and capacity. 

I hope to become more healthy: physically, emotionally and mentally.

I hope to keep up with swimming laps each week, and add in some other forms of exercise as my body continues healing from the insanity of having 3 babies in 3 1/2 years, bearing in mind that fitness does not define me. 

I hope to relish in the moments of Aubrey's littleness and not get caught up looking forward to her "next milestone." This goes for each of my children, really.

I hope to find a more realistic and productive way of managing stress and anxiety. 

I hope to be happy.

I hope to be steadfast and strong.

I hope to be a loving wife, a prayerful wife and a better friend to my husband. 

I hope to find peace amidst the chaos of raising these precious gifts that God has given us.

I hope to find time to study the Bible in depth.

I hope to seek the truth in everything, to not be persuaded by a well worded blog post, or to buy into every article in our click-bait filled world. 

I hope to become more knowledgeable in the things that matter to me and to find time to educate myself on the things I don't understand. 

I hope to find peace of mind. 

I hope to see a successful church plant in Pegasus, for the community there to be impacted by the love of God, the gospel of Jesus and the humble way we are trying to be a conduit for both of those things.

I hope Nic and I grow in our musical skills, in leading worship and inviting people into the presence of God.

I hope Nic and I grow in our marriage.

I hope our kids start sleeping more consistently. 

I hope to see my family and show them around this beautiful country I've come to call home.

I hope to find time to decorate our home and make it feel more like ours and less like a rental. 

I hope Charlotte gets into preschool and does well with that transition. 

I hope we get lots of family time, and make some lasting memories for our wee bunch. 

I hope we make progress with saving money for buying our first family home. 

I hope to find more time to write.

I hope to have grace for each moment, trying, trivial or wonderful as they may be.

And one more for good measure, let's be real y'all- more than anything-

I hope that I don't get pregnant. Like ever again. Ever. :)



{May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13 ESV}



No comments:

Post a Comment